Tuesday, December 31, 2013

I love you...SO much!


Susan posted this to Facebook, so you might have already seen it there, but it seemed worth cross-posting here as well:

A recent Alex moment: Alex got a big bang on his head (accident) while we were visiting relatives, and began to cry (very unusual for him, he does not cry--so he was hurt!). My other kids ran to get me, and I came out and took care of him (ended up holding him for an hour, although he was calm after a few minutes). He's been processing this for days now, although the bump doesn't seem to hurt him.

Alex: Mom, why you go outside for me?
Me: Why do you think, Alex?
Alex (whispers): Because I was crying.
Me: Yes, you were crying because you were hurt, right?
Alex: Yes. But why you come?
Me: Because you are my little boy and I want to take care of you. Because I love you.
Alex (smiling big): SO much.

I think he is processing this because he likes hearing me say that: I want to take care of you. I love you. (and he always adds "SO much.")

1 comment:

  1. My heart aches that Alex needed to ask that question. Children should EXPECT that kind of love and care. But i am so happy that now he has you to answer the question over and over.

    ReplyDelete