Sunday, December 8, 2013

A Sweet Moment

I put Alex to bed tonight and he said (as he always does) "You going to work now?" (He means work on the computer in my room.)  I said "A little, but I want to go to bed soon because I don't feel good.  I am sick."  Deep concern.  "Oh no, Mom.  Where do you hurt?"  "My head hurts and my tummy hurts.  I'll be OK, I just feel sick."  He reached out his hand to touch my forehead (like the sign of the cross--we do thatwith our kids before they go to sleep).  I asked, "do you want to pray for me tonight?" He said "Yes..."  Then he folded his hands and said:

"God, please help. Mom sick, help her get better.  Better in head and in tummy.  Amen."

I gave him a big hug.  Not only was it a heartfelt prayer, it was a pretty extended train of thoughts expressed at once for him.

1 comment: