Monday, January 9, 2012

Up, up, and away....

...goes the dossier!  (Hey, that even rhymed.)

Well.  Today, after ONE MORE last minute re-do of a notarization (I think we had five total since Friday?), I zipped in the car, decided our state side faciliator had to see the last page before I drove to St Paul, and scanned, called, confirmed--it's OK.  Go!

So on this almost weirdly pleasant day for January in Minnesota (44 and sunny???? what?), I drove to our Secretary of State's office (2.5 hrs) to get all these documents apostilled.  They were very pleasant, but it did take 1.5 hours.  Then I doubled checked AGAIN (37 documents, people), made sure they were in the right order, in the special folder, in an envelope and--time to rush to the UPS shipper!

20 minutes later, I'm at a UPS store and they CAN send it to the Walls (who are adopting "Easton" from the same country and traveling this weekend) by Wednesday afternoon.  I fork over more money, and it is GONE AND OUT OF MY HANDS.  I've done all I can do.  Now...we wait.

I celebrated with a chocolate milkshake and drove 2.5 hrs home. I think we'll save the champagne for when we receive a travel date.  We're still hoping early March.  Hang in there, Alex.

Peace, Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment