Monday, October 31, 2011

"That's so good of you...."

A frequent first reaction to news that we're adopting a special needs child from Eastern Europe is, "That's so good of you!" or, alternatively, "You're so brave!" I get what people are going for (that'd probably be the first thing out of my mouth, too)...but...I am working on my immediate response being, "We're so lucky." 'Cause we are.


We're lucky to be bringing home Alex, of course, and we're also lucky to have an experienced person walking us through the legal maze of the adoption process. That would be Nancy, our stateside coordinator. Documents continue to arrive in our mail from various state and federal agencies...Susan continues to fax things back to Nancy for her OK...and we're getting ready for our medical tests--I have been on the phone with the doctor's office three times already today arranging for the lab orders.

Also, I am attempting to learn some Russian, using liveMocha (at the suggestion of people on the RR forum). It is slow going. I turned to Susan the other day and said, "You know, this is kinda hard. It might take me a while to learn this." She just gave me a look that said, "Well, duh!"


Thanks again to everyone for their prayers and support.

- Jerry

2 comments: