Sunday, October 16, 2011

Divide and conquer?

Jerry and I know each other pretty darn well after 12 years of marraige, and two things we know--I (Susan) deal with paperwork and bureaucracy better than he does.  And I am more a morning person, whereas he is a night owl.

Well, that means that it makes sense that I do all the paperwork for this adoption process, and while Alex is completely worth it, Jerry is right when we cheerfully tells people "it's kind of pushing her to the brink!"  Unfortunately, the only time I have to do it is nighttime--not my most cheerful, mentally crisp time of day.  The only amusing moment to come out of this paperwork so far was when I was looking up a current credit card statement for a document, and it was Jerry's card, so when I got the the unfamiliar password prompt, the website gave me pre-set question to answer: who was your first girlfriend/boyfriend?  So I turned to Jerry and said, "OK, honey.  Who was your first girlfriend?"  And he looked at me somewhat horrified and said, "Wow--these social workers really want to know everything, don't they?!"

Anyway, if I can figure out this dossier process, I am really trying to get it going quickly.  Some parts looks pretty easy, others look like making a high dive with a triple twist back flip--but people do it--it must be possible.

On a different note, some people have been asking us more about the finances of international adoption.  Another blog, with a person who very recently adopted from Alex's home country, itemized the costs.  I have that on a new page, if you want to see:click here.  Also, our Big Bleg for Alex and a Cool Giveaway continues through October 21.  We continue to be deeply touched by people's generosity in getting beautiful Alex OUT OF THERE and into our home as quickly as possible.  Thank you, and if you're so moved, please spread the word!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all the updates! I can't believe how much money adoption costs. So nuts. Alex is totally worth it though :)

    ReplyDelete